Some of you may be asking, why have two mailing lists?
The logic (or lack thereof) behind this format is so that readers who wish to read the fiction only have that option, while readers and writers who wish to workshop their fiction and discuss fiction posted to the fiction list can have a forum to do so as well. The online workshop is specifically for writers who are looking for help with their works in progress and an audience with whom to discuss writing and looking for help and advice as well as beta reading, line and content editing, and readers who are interested in the providing that feedback, advice, and help.
In short, I am hoping to build a community of Angel fan fiction authors who come to fan fiction with the passion and drive to tell the best story they are capable of, and readers who have the energy, knowledge, and desire to help their favourite authors achieve that goal, with the added bonus of getting to read better stories because of it.
The goal of this list to to maintain a general "workshop" atmosphere, and work symbiotically to produce the best in Angel fan fiction.
the angel fan fiction mailing list
This is a list for the posting of fan fiction based on Angel that has been through the fanfic workshop. Please refrain from posting general Buffy fiction or fiction that ahs not been through the workshop. There are other lists dedicated to Buffy fan fiction. Discussion of all fiction posted to this list should be sent to the angel_fanfic_workshop mailing list. Please label all stories in the following manner:
"Title" segment number/total number of segments, MPAA-style content rating
(example: "My Story" 1/1, PG-13)
At the top of your post, please include:
and any disclaimer or author's note you feel should accompany your story, including whether or not your story may be distributed or archived (this is important if you do not want your work to be archived without your permission).
The rules are simple:
1. All stories should be in plain text, with no special characters or HTML code.
2. As a courtesy to your fellow listmembers, please refrain from posting more than 5 story segments per day. Many members of this list may have limited disk space. As a courtesy to your fellow listmembers, it is very important not to "spam" or overload their mailboxes with too many large (over 20K) posts.
3. Please refrain from posting any author's fan fiction without her or his permission.
4. Please refrain from posting solicitations (such as archive fics, or website promotions.)
5. As a courtesy to your fellow listmembers, please refrain from cross-posting (sending a message out to several recipients simultaneously).
6. All fan fiction challenges, requests for beta reading, help with in progress works, or help researching a piece should be sent to to the angel_fanfic_workshop mailing list.
7. Signature lines should be no longer than 5 lines. If your signature file exceeds 5 lines, you will be asked to reduce it. If you do not comply, you may be removed from this mailing list. Please, as a courtesy to your fellow listmembers, keep to the 5 line rule.
All replies are automatically addressed to the author of the post you are replying to. To reach the listowner (Mom), send email to:
To unsubscribe, send email to:
the angel fan fiction workshop
This list is for the posting of fan fiction discussion and drafts of works in progress for the purposes of beta-reading only. Please clearly mark your fiction with "DRAFT" in the subjectline. Finished fan fiction should be sent to the angel_fanfic mailing list.
The rules are simple:
1. Please refrain from "flaming". A "flame" is any remark stated with the express purpose of insulting someone and/or their opinions. There is a difference between respectfully disagreeing with someone's opinion, and flaming. An example of this would be:
"I disagree with your assessment that Wesley is a waste of skin. While he may have been buffoonish in the past, the writers have done a tremendous job of late fleshing the character out, and creating a 3 dimensional character from the 2-d cartoon he was in 'Parting Gifts'."
Flames will not be tolerated. If you cannot behave like an adult, you will not be treated like one. You will be sent to your room without supper, and if you do not apologise and promise to behave, you will be kicked out of the playground. Capice?
2. Please refrain from posting requests for fiction that has been posted to the Fan Fiction list. Archives are available online at groups.yahoo.com/group/angel_fanfic
3. Do not append entire messages in your replies. Edit out all but the sections you are directly replying to, including headers and sigs. If you continue to append entire messages in your replies, you will be warned only once. If you do not comply, you will be removed from this mailing list.
4. Please do not send replies to the entire list, if they are meant for one individual. If you are sending a reply to an individual, please do NOT send it to the entire list, unless you truly believe it will be of interest to the entire group. Please make sure and check the header and make sure that your replies are going to the right addresses before you hit "Send."
5. Please refrain from sending any form of chain letter (this includes, but is not limited to, virus warnings, the Neiman Marcus Cookie urban legend, or any manner of forward that includes the phrase "please forward this to everyone you know!").
6. Please refrain from cross-posting (sending a message out to several recipients simultaneously).
7. This list is for discussion of fan fiction. While obviously, discussion of the series, characters, and speculation may result from these discussions, you should try and remain on topic. General discussion of the series and actors should not be posted to this list. There are several "Angel" discussion lists out there for just this purpose.
8. Signature lines should be no longer than 5 lines. If your signature file exceeds 5 lines, you will be asked to reduce it. If you do not comply, you may be removed from this mailing list. Please, as a courtesy to your fellow listmembers, keep to the 5 line rule.
The signal:noise ratio of a mailing list is very important. Many members of this list may have limited disk space, and as a courtesy to your fellow listmembers, please try and combine posts, and trim all but what you are directly replying to, from your messages. As stated above, signature files over 5 lines and appending entire messages to replies is strictly prohibited, and may result in your expulsion from this mailing list.
All replies are automatically addressed to the list. To reach the listowner (Mom), send email to:
To unsubscribe, send email to: